Wednesday 16 January 2013

The return of the Saree.

My first post had to be on saree...y? Duh..!!
It's my fav piece of clothing.
So beautiful, so feminine, so Indian, and the best part...One size fits all..!
My first memoirs of a saree .. include my mom in beautiful cotton sarees starched and ironed to perfection leaving for work. It was then..that my fascination for sarees originated...N I thought..this is what I will wear when I go to work ...!
Years later, when I actually started working, the corporate scene was different. Trousers, skirts n shirts dominated the corporate fashion world. Though I did like dressing smartly in formals, I still yearned to go the saree way. I was one of the select few who took the initiative in organising saree days at work every now n then ...God...How My colleagues hated me..!
But I loved it!
Today, I am so happy..! Saree is finally getting its due..it is going through its most interesting phase.
Such style, such innovation, and such global fame..all being served upon this humble piece of garment. Thanx to all the new crop of Indian designers and off course their muses.. who have made saree the next big thing.
Now..u dont just buy a saree..u earn it..! ;)
Since this is my first post, I wanted to make an auspicios beginning, and start it with the mention of my God.
I have always believed that God is a woman, and I have proof for it.

                                    Meet My God, My Best Friend, my beloved Mom.


                                                    An old pic of Aai in saree of course.

17 comments:

  1. Simply FABULOUS...
    I too love sarees but can't but not that comfortable in them. And the one size fit all thing is so true. I wish it could have been true in the case of the blouse too... Size 1 or 2.
    : )
    You resemble your mom gal... She is so so so beautiful.
    This is your first post and I am already waiting for the next one.
    Love the way you written the post...

    Kisses and hugs.
    AWESOME JOB...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aditi honey..all the very best!!! Your 1st blog seems great. And I can see why you fell in love with Sarees, yr mom is looking gorgeous in tht saree, simply loved Aunty's pic:) Keep writing, keep sharing and keep inspiring:)
    Love,

    Jaya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaya...U r too sweet as always. Thanks for ur support gurl I love u.

      Delete
  3. Finally it had to go down penned in history books. Else the eternal love story of Aditi and her Saree would have been lost.

    Good start. Your saree has always made you look much better than anything else, so they always deserved their respect.

    Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heyyy Congrats on ur new blog dear! :)
    Gr8 effort and I totally agree with you and this post! Saree is so versatile and suits every1.. and
    I'm myself a huge fan of sarees so I would def follow this blog!
    Lovely pic of ur mom's... so graceful!

    http://pineapple-ish.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, She looks so classy and pretty !! I think a lot of men fail at words when appreciating a saree clad woman ! Thanks for ur comment on my blog !
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good effort. Keep it up!!!Very true. Not only it's size fits all but also it suits all. May she be fair or black, tall or short, good figured or disfigured personality.

    ReplyDelete
  7. She is such an elegant beauty!

    <3 from: www.thedocndiva.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love reading through your blog. I wanted to leave a little comment to support you and wish you a good continuation. Wishing you the best of luck for all your blogging efforts.
    Buy Saree Online

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome post Aditi!! And I just love the new look of your blog :)
    http://docdivatraveller.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design: Eden Technologies