Sunday 1 September 2013

What's Your Good Name???

India is predominantly a Non-English speaking country.
Stats say that close to 90% of India's population, cannot speak or understand English, forget writing about it. { No need to feel sad..considering India's population, even the 10% English speaking population is HUGE  and the Best.:) }

The English ruled us for about 150 years, but could never really rule over our languages.
Considering all this and much more I do understand if everyone in India cannot speak English fluently. It is just fine...its not like ..its the end of this world.
But what I do have a problem with ...is that in order to pick up on their English speaking skills; people tend to do a literal transaltion of phrases and sentences of regional Indian languages in English.

My top pick: AAPKA SHUB NAAM aka What's Your Good Name?
GOD..can u believe it??
Seriously..??
Do you also have a bad/inauspicious name??
While I do try to explain anyone and everyone around me who utter these words, I feel it's just not enough. I wonder why bad/wrong habits are much more contagious and far reaching than the good/correct ones?
Anyways, while I am on a noble mission to save people from making a joke out of themselves, I wish you all join me in this noble cause to build a better tomorrow.

Or what the heck..just leave a nice comment on the pics below and save my day. That's much easier I guess...!





For this nail art, my inspiration was the Mixing Prints Trend, and so I decided to combine dots with stripes. What do you think?

Hope you follow us on Facebook.

50 comments:

  1. Wow cute nail art, i loved it :)
    waise there's a new NOTD in my blog too :D do check out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty, wish I had a steady enough hand to do something like this!! x
    Freya's Fashion Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the colours!! great work Aditi

    www.styledestino.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute nail art Aditi!
    We should add hinglish to one of our many national languages...certainly more people speak that than English!And its a lot more fun :p

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I totally agree with you about the literal translation that people tend to you.."What's your good name?" Hehe!

    As always, your nail art is gorgeous!!! :)

    Richa
    www.urbanmantra.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am with you in this noble mission :)

    Cute nail art

    Manisha

    http://followmanimatters.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha..I always laugh like crazy when someone asks what is my GOOD name!

    Jenny’s Bicycle-Indian Fashion Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lol...nice post....that nail art is soooo gd!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hahaha .. whats your good name! I think that was even how it was taught in school when I was a kid :-O
    Love the nail paint. I would have never thought of combining these 2 colours! But they look gorgeous!

    http://everythingthatclicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. love the mani you have shown here..love green and yellow both :)
    http://docdivatraveller.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. A big fan of nail art and I must say this is so cool, love the colours and mix of prints too!
    Do visit my blog and if you like follow on GFC, Bloglovin Facebook,leave a comment and I'll follow back too!

    http://feistyfoxdiaries.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dear thanks for the follow..followed you back on GFC and Bloglovin..wanna follow eachother on facebook too? Follow and I'll follow back too :-)

      https://www.facebook.com/feistyfoxdiaries

      Delete
  12. I absolutely love that nail art, it's so simple and cute !

    Junniku blog [Click!]
    - A Korean fashion, beauty and lifestyle blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wow...pretty nails...lovely nail art..

    my recent one :http://www.indianbeautyforever.com/2013/09/rimmel-london-precious-stones-glitter.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just totally get the point there, infact I had talked about it too, with a lot of ppl, but none could really imply as to what I meant. Coming to the nail art, I really love it more coz u chose some pretty colors for the combo :)
    ✿thefashionflite
    ✿twitter
    ✿Bloglovin
    ✿FaceBook

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - such patience for the nail art! I love it when people translate to English literally it makes me laugh, especially movie subtitles they are the best.

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, it is like this, none language you can translate directly in English. And people all over the world are doing this. :) Not just in India I guess. ;)
    Gorgeous nails btw.
    You've got a lovely blog! Would you like to follow each other? I could be so nice! Let me know.
    Gosia
    http://pearlinfashion.blogspot.co.at/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful nails!

    Would you like to follow each other with GFC and Bloglovin '? Let me know :)

    Have a great weekend!
    vgolove1.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Following back in GFC and Bloglovin!

      Delete
  18. Amazing nails!


    Would you like follow each other? I'll be soo glad :) let me know and I'll be follow back


    ADDICT BE ICONIC BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely nail art ! Color combi is great ! And so is the pattern mixing that you have done !

    ReplyDelete
  20. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful nail art.
    Great blog. Would you like to follow each ohter? - it would be fantastic;)

    Love
    Minnja

    Minnja Blog
    Minnja on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  22. I watched an Indian tv show recently and I I was convinced that in India everyone speaks English fluently. Great post, your nails look amazing. :)
    Would you like to follow each other? Follow me if you want and I'll follow back. :)

    New Post
    www.jonnessa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Such cute nails!
    Would you like to follow each other dear?

    Roxx~
    Color me RED
    Color me RED on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  24. cool nails! would you like to follow each other? let me know! xo

    louboutinsandlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

 

Blog Design: Eden Technologies